Data for Decision-Making (D4D) Provincial Coordinator – Nepal
NHSSP is a technical assistance programme to the MOHP, funded with UKaid. The programme is a technical component of the UK’s support to the MoHP under the Nepal Health Sector Programme-3. It is designed to support the goals of Nepal Health Sector Strategy (2015/16-2020/21) and contribute to the MoHP’s efforts to provide quality health services leaving no-one behind.
The programme has been running from April 2017 and will continue until December 2022 to cover the overarching priorities of Health System Strengthening at sub-national level, whereby, D4D Provincial Coordinator will provide TA to GoN at provincial level and oversee designated palika level activities. The programme is implemented by a consortium that is led by Options Consultancy Limited, with HERD International and Oxford Policy Management.
The Data for Decision-making (D4D) Provincial Coordinator will provide technical assistance (TA) under the D4D thematic area to the sub-national governments. The objective of this post is to provide effective technical inputs to the Provincial Ministry responsible for health sector management-such as Ministry of Social Development (MoSD)/Provincial Ministry of Health and Population (PMoHP) and Provincial Health Directorate (PHD) to enable them to deliver against the objectives of NHSP 3.
The focus is especially on ensuring that high quality data is generated and used by capacitated duty bearers at the sub-national level for al decision-making. Under the leadership of the D4D Thematic Team Lead for technical matters and Subnational Programme Coordinator for supervisory and administrative matters, the D4D Provincial Coordinator will develop the framework for providing technical support under this thematic area at sub-national levels and oversee its technical delivery to ensure thematic priorities are met. The key purpose of the D4D thematic area is to ensure evidence-based planning and decision-making is practiced and embedded in government processes sustainably.
The D4D Provincial Coordinator will be responsible for;
- The D4D Provincial Coordinator has overall responsibility for providing strategic technical direction to this thematic area within the focal province and ensuring integration with the other thematic areas at the provincial level, and that evidence from implementation is reflected in MoSD/PMoHP policy, planning, budgeting and programmes.
- S/he will provide robust technical leadership at the provincial level to support capacity enhancement for MoSD/PMoHP /PHD and relevant sub-national government bodies as needed, to improve generation of high-quality evidence and its used in decision-making.
- The position will perform strategic technical leadership responsibilities, specific technical delivery and will have cross team and management responsibilities.
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Demography, Social Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies or a basic degree in one of these subjects with several years of experience.
- Proven of experience (at least 7 years) in monitoring and evaluating of programmes within the health sector, proactively engaged in evidence-building and supporting evidence-based planning and decision-making, and strengthening government health system, preferably in Nepal.
- Experience of producing, packaging and communicating evidence for various audiences (government, donors, international organisations, etc.), on different platforms (print, web, mobile, broadcast, etc.), and through various methods (reports, published articles, briefings, graphic and visual products, knowledge management events, etc.)
- Good experience on communicating evidence effectively to better inform SMNH and FP / SRH planning, decision making, advocacy and accountability within government.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Deep understanding of the operations of the Govt of Nepal, FMoHP, MoSD / PMoHP / PHD, and familiarity with all spheres of government.
- Knowledge and experience of working closely with supporting / implementing health programmes with measurable outcomes (preferably large-scale TA programmes
- Good technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, budgeting and programme control.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; strong leadership skills; self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team; critical thinking and problem-solving skill; ability to make and articulate clear decisions; strong internal and external communication and facilitation skills; ability to collaborate and be a team worker and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability travel within Nepal.
As per NHSSP terms and conditions.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Nepal.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the for here.
- Closing date for applications is: 05 July 2022.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).