Barbara Corcoran Predicts Skyrocketing House Prices: Own A Slice Of Your Favorite City
August 25, 2023 9:14 AM | 3 min read
Eyeing a potential real estate investment? It’s a delicate balance. Awaiting lower interest rates might seem prudent, but the delay could sideline you amidst escalating home prices.
ENTER TO WIN $500 IN STOCK OR CRYPTO
Enter your email and you’ll also get Benzinga’s ultimate morning update AND a free $30 gift card and more!
Barbara Corcoran, renowned ‘Shark Tank’ real estate expert, recently discussed these dynamics and her predictions on Fox Business.
For most, the optimal way to leverage the anticipated demand may not be conventional home buying. Nada introduces a novel method, offering index-style real estate investments. This allows even non-accredited investors to delve into a city’s home equity market with just $100, bypassing the primary hurdle in traditional real estate: liquidity.
Corcoran’s Insightful Forecast On The Future Of Real Estate
Corcoran notes a current “bottleneck” in real estate but remains hopeful, outlining the market’s potential trajectory as:
- Current Market Standoff: “Sellers don’t want to move from their apartment or their home because they don’t want to take on higher interest rates,” she said, “and buyers are too afraid [to buy] because they are getting less house [for the price]. So you’ve got a standoff going on. But things are changing.”
- The Tipping Point: “The minute those interest rates come down, all hell’s going to break loose and the prices are going to go through the roof,” she said. “[Right now sellers are] staying put. But they’re not going to stay put if interest rates go down by two points.”
- Potential Real Estate Frenzy: “It’s going to be a signal for everybody to come back out and buy like crazy, and the house prices [will likely] go up by 20%,” she said. “We could have COVID [market] all over again.”
Nada’s Cityfunds offers a low-risk entry into prime markets with buy-ins starting at $100, granting investors the benefits of property appreciation and rental income. This approach diversifies investments in top U.S. real estate sectors, flexibly positioning investors for early demand surges.
Cityfunds, unlike traditional real estate ventures, offers immediate fund and profit access via its app – ensuring agility and market responsiveness. It also permits investors to liquidate or redeem shares when necessary, an option often absent in many private REITs.
Rising Above The Rest: Southwest & South Florida’s Resilient Real Estate Markets
Despite the first annual home price drop in 11 years, Corcoran emphasizes that some U.S. areas buck the trend. She’s particularly bullish on:
- Southwest Market Opportunity: “In the coastal areas, prices are going down because houses are just so not affordable,” she said. “But if you look in the Southwest, prices are going up. You have some cities where prices are rebounding by 20% in six months.”
- South Florida’s Real Estate Boom: “[Home prices in South Florida] are still going up, and it’s one of the hottest markets,” Corcoran said. “People love Florida, and people are paying anything. I don’t get it — it’s not my cup of tea — but it’s doing very, very well.”
Cityfunds offers diverse portfolios of homes in cities like Austin, Dallas, Miami and Tampa, aligning with Corcoran’s anticipated market appreciation. Whether it’s Miami’s allure post-Messi, Austin’s tech boom with Elon, or Tampa’s potential, CityFunds caters to these promising markets.
- Dallas ranked 8th in a 2023 report for housing market growth and stability.
- Miami’s real estate value has surged by 188% over the past decade. Factors like Lionel Messi’s recent move to Inter Miami CF are set to further bolster this demand.
- Austin’s GDP has almost doubled since 2010, and with a 35% rise in residents, it’s America’s fastest-growing metro area.
The Future Of Real Estate Investment
As the real estate market evolves and showcases the growth predicted by Corcoran, Nada is perfectly positioned to offer investors the opportunity to own a slice of the most lucrative home equity markets in the U.S. However, it’s important to note that all investments, including real estate, come with risks. Yet, with Nada’s Cityfunds offerings starting at just $100, they present enticing opportunities.
This post contains sponsored content. This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be investing advice.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.