Job: Human Resource Compliant Consultancy Service for Action Against Hunger’s Intervention in Nigeria at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Project and Study Summary Table
Reference of the File PD-ABU-02039-001
Project Name Resolution of National Housing Fund Scheme Remittance Issues
Sector Human Resouces (HR)
Implementing Partners (if applicable) Not Applicable – Action Against Hunger (AAH) sole activity.
Activity Type Engagement of National Consultant (open to Individual or Corporate entities)
Locations Nigeria – Abuja FCT, Maiduguri in Borno State, Dutse in Jigawa State, and Potiskum in Yobe State
1. Project Background
1.1. Rationale for the Project
Action Against Hunger International is a non-governmental and non-profit organization founded in 1979 in Paris – France. Our 8000+ staff work in nearly 50 countries to carry out innovative programmes in Nutrition and Health; Food Security and Livelihoods; and Water Sanitation and Hygiene.
Action Against Hunger in Nigeria has over 370 staff which includes both national and international staff spread across various office locations. Apart from the coordination office in Abuja, there are three state offices in Potiskum -Yobe state, Maiduguri -Borno State, and Dutse – Jigawa state, and six sub-bases including Monguno and Damasak bases in Borno state, Damaturu and Bade bases in Yobe state, Kano base in Kano State, and Sokoto base in Sokoto state.
1.2 Project Goal
Since registering for the National Housing Fund (NHF) Scheme with the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN) in September 2018, Action Against Hunger has faced challenges in the administrative
management of the scheme, especially in the area of ensuring the remittances into staff NHF accounts.
As part of its plans to resolve this issue, Action Against Hunger is looking to engage an HR Compliance expert who will support the organisation to address it..
1.3 Geographical scope covered by the analysis
The geographical scope of this consultancy are Abuja FCT, Maiduguri in Borno State, Dutse in Jigawa
State, and Potiskum in Yobe State – Nigeria.
2. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
2.1. Objectives of the Survey
Through this consultancy, Action Against Hunger seeks to resolve all pending remittance issues and develop a systematic approach to the administrative management of the NHF scheme. More specifically, this assignment should enable Action Against Hunger to:
- Resolve with FMBN all the pending issues of remittance into staff NHF accounts from September 2018 to August 2019;
- Clear all staff remittances with FMBN from August 2019 to Date;
- Resolve any pending issues with staff NHF account numbers;
- Provide recommendations on how best to manage the NHF scheme to Action Against Hunger’s HR and finance departments.
3. Profile of the Consultant (Qualification and Experience)
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working experience in human resources management, preferably in international organisations similar to Action Against Hunger;
- Demonstrate that they have successfully undertaken similar mandates;
- Have the ability to research, understand and communicate complex and sometimes cumbersome labor laws;
- Have a solid understanding of HR compliance;
- Have great attention to detail and ability to work under deadlines;
- Have a high level of written and oral communication skills in English;
- Have excellent analytical and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrate familiarity and understanding with the operational context in which Action Against Hunger operates;
- Be flexible and ready to work in an emergency context with security challenges, and fast-paced and multicultural environments.
All interested consultants should send Expression of Interest electronically on or before Thursday 16 th June 2022 by 12noon to: [email protected] with subject “PD-ABU-02050-
001_ HR Compliance Consultancy Service” in order to receive the full ToR. Proposal without request of the full ToR will not be accepted.
NOTE: The sending of full ToR will commence from June 9 th 2022 until the deadline of the submissions of all expressions of interest from prospective consultants and submission of complete proposals will be on or before June 23 rd , 2022.