St. Pete’s historic ‘Pearce House,’ once home to a former mayor, is now for sale | Tampa
Located at 2101 2nd Ave. N, the home was built in 1920 and at one point belonged to J.D. Pearce, who was the mayor of St. Pete from 1930-1931, and later served as the city’s first Postmaster for nearly 17 years.
Before his stint of public service, according to the St. Petersburg Times, Pearce opened one of the city’s first pharmacies, which later became the only all-night drug store in the area at 822 Central Ave.
From the Times:
“It was a favorite for the newspaper feature writers . . . who delighted to relate stories of unusual events that happened there during the wee hours,” the Times wrote. “Often it became a first aid station. People used it as a telephone point to summon help.”
Notably, his brother R.S. Pearce was also elected mayor of St. Pete (1924-1927), making the two the only siblings to be elected to the city’s highest office.
The 2,786-square-foot Historic Kenwood home comes sits on a corner lot features five bedrooms, three bathrooms and a detached two-car garage. It also comes with two fireplaces, original millwork, a private second story enclosed sunroom, and hardwood floors throughout.
The “Pearce House” is currently asking $1,185,000, and the listing agent is Krista Bledsoe of Sand Dollar Realty Group.